- FEMA News Releases by Region/State
FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG)
- National Interagency Fire Center
- Mission is to serve as a focal point for coordinating the national mobilization of resources for wildland fire and other incidents throughout the United States.
- USDA Forest Service Fire Mapping Program
- The Active Fire Mapping Program is an operational, satellite-based fire detection and monitoring program managed by the USDA Forest Service Remote Sensing Applications Center (RSAC) located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Active Fire Mapping program provides near real-time detection and characterization of wildland fire conditions in a geospatial context for the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Detectable fire activity across all administrative ownerships in the United States and Canada are mapped and characterized by the program.
- Northwest Interagency Coordination Center (NWCC)
- The Northwest Interagency Coordination Center serves as the northwest area geographic focal point to provide logistical support and intelligence relative to anticipated and ongoing wildfire activity for all federal and cooperating state wildland fire suppression agencies. The Center facilitates movement of resources between agencies’ units and, concurrently, ensures fire suppression capabilities to support large fire potential by monitoring weather and prescribed burning activity within the area.
- National Weather Service – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Our Mission: Provide weather, water, and climate data, forecasts and warnings for the protection of life and property and enhancement of the national economy.
- National Hurricane Center – National Weather Service
- The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is a component of the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) located at Florida International University in Miami, Florida. The NHC mission is to save lives, mitigate property loss, and improve economic efficiency by issuing the best watches, warnings, forecasts, and analyses of hazardous tropical weather and by increasing understanding of these hazards. The NHC vision is to be America’s calm, clear, and trusted voice in the eye of the storm and, with its partners, enable communities to be safe from tropical weather threats.
- King County Crisis Clinic
After more than five years of planning, Crisis Clinic has made the dialing code “2-1-1” available as a way for people to directly connect to our Community Information Line. It’s the same service with the same staff, just an easier way to reach us!
- Managing Spontaneous Volunteers
This publication includes the principles and concepts of operations surrounding a successful program of utilizing unaffiliated volunteer relief workers during a community’s response to a disaster event.
One-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information. Managed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Department of Homeland Security’s Ready.gov Web Site
Ready.gov is a common sense framework designed to launch a process of learning about citizen preparedness. One of the primary mandates of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is to educate the public, on a continuing basis, about how to be prepared in case of a national emergency – including a possible terrorist attack.
- Washington State Emergency Management Division
The Washington State Emergency Management Division “coordinates and facilitates resources to minimize the impacts of disasters and emergencies…” This site is full of essential information for preparedness and emergency operations at federal, state, and local levels.
- Are You Ready? A Guide to Citizen Preparedness
- Are You Ready? A Guide to Citizen Preparedness brings together facts on disaster survival techniques, disaster-specific information, and how to prepare for and respond to both natural and man-made disasters.
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- The International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting the goals of saving lives and protecting property during emergencies and disasters.
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
Small Business Administration assistance for businesses struck by disaster.
- AlertNet from Reuters
The Reuter Foundation is acting as a specialist news supplier and neutral information broker to the international disaster relief community, via the Internet.